Congratulations, for your first ever apartment. So, you have found an apartment similar to your dream apartment, you have signed the lease and now you are ready to move into your dream apartment.
While you are dreaming about how you will decorate your home to make it look its best, we are here to tell you about all the essential items that you should pack for your new dream apartment.
Things you need to buy before you move
Everything, listed here is a must-have thing considering your move for your first apartment. Don’t forget to check all these items before you move.
No matter whether you purchase items, commandeered from your parent’s home or found them from any kind of cheap store in your area, you need all these items to stay comfortably at your new home.
Kitchenware apartment essentials
Unless you are planning to get off every day, you need to bring all the items to set up a new kitchen for your new apartment.
Bring all the basics of the kitchenware to set up your new kitchen. Make sure to have all these items with you.
- Fry pans and pots: Bring one medium or large size of the frying pan, one small and one large size of the pot.
- Microwave safe dishes: Don’t forget to bring microwave-safe dishes. One large and one small dish is a great option.
- Dishes: plates, bowls, drinking glasses, and other important dishes
- Flatware: knives, spoons, and forks
- Cooking utensils, cutting board
- Dish towels: 4 to 6 or more as per your preference
Yes, buying your new apartment means you have spent all your savings. Therefore, you don’t need to buy items of supreme quality. You can buy it at discount from a local store or online as per your preferences.
You have to keep the things that you might not ever think off that these will be required. Make sure to get all these items with you.
- Dustpan and Broom
- Sponges for cleaning of the dishes
- Garbage bags
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Paper towels
- Bathroom cleaning spray
- Dish soap
- Laundry detergent
- Wood cleaner
- Rubber gloves
- Hand soap
Sleep is one of the most important things. If you are buying a new mattress, make sure to get high quality even if you need to spend a little higher. If you are not able to buy decent mattresses now, you can leave it but don’t ever go with the bad quality.
- Pillows: Either one or two
- Comforter and bed sheets (either one or two)
- Storage supplies such as plastic organizers, containers, and dresser
- Laundry hamper
- Bed frame and box springs
- Closet storage solution
- Window treatments
- A small trash can
Furniture is an essential item whenever you want to move to your new apartment. However, if you are going out of the budget then you can think of these items later.
Of course, you would love to have your dinner on the floor, therefore, you can consider buying a dining table or a coffee table for your new home.
Remember that it is not the end, it is the start, and you can buy furniture item by item so don’t rush now. Only buy items that are necessary for you.
- A coffee table
- Sofa set
- A small dining table according to your number of family members
- Additional lighting
Don’t ever get a cheap light lamp that will cause the lighting issue later.
Apart from your basic toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, body wash, and shampoo, you need to keep other items with you to make your bathroom space comfortable.
- Hand or face towels: Two or more
- Shower curtains if needed
- Bath towels: Two or more
- Wall hook
- Hand soap, lotion, and towels
- Toothbrush holder
- Storage solutions for your toiletries
- Toilet plunger, scrubber and all kind of cleaning solutions
- Toilet brush, toilet paper, and toilet paper holder
- Small trash can for your bathroom wastage
One of the most important and the difficult thing is to determine the food items that you will need at your first apartment move.
If you have stocked smartly food items than it can help you in saving money in the long run, obviously, food is something that you can’t prepare without the basics.
So have some basic grocery items with you to cook food for yourself whenever you want.
- All-purpose flour
- Tea and coffee
- Cooking oil (any as per your preferences)
- Dried pasta
- Baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla extract
- Soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, and teriyaki sauce
- Pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Spices such as cayenne pepper, ground cumin, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, paprika, onion powder, and chili powder
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh vegetables
- Frozen fruit
- Frozen pizza
- Frozen burgers, patties
- Frozen vegetables
- Reusable water bottle (one, two or more as per your preferences)
- Sewing kit
- Ironing board and iron
- First aid kit
- Dustpan and Broom
- Rubber bands and chip clips
- Office supplies
- Strips and command hooks
- Space heater
- Light bulb
The beginning of you in the new apartment will require to go to the store a lot of items because you need to set up a complete home therefore with each passing day, you will remember a new thing that is needed.
It is recommended you to start with the things that are essential for living. Later, you can add items to your apartment. It will do not only helps you to pack a lower quantity of items but as well as it is beneficial for you in terms of cost. You don’t need to spend on transportation higher.
This list of essentials will stay with you a lot of years and will be very helpful for you whenever you want to move. Whenever you start shopping, this list will be helpful for you.
So, this is the ultimate list for packing, you might need it later, so, save it for the future as well. All these belongings are important to you and you must ensure that you hire the best moving companies only to move your stuff from the old address to your new adobe.