Moving 101: Be Ready
Moving is a big step that needs to be planned in advance to eliminate costly mistakes. This ensures that you have everything you will need during the move and that you get the moving services that meet your expectations.
There are several things that you can do to ensure that your move is accomplished easily and quickly. By using Moving APT moving 101 and these helpful tips your move will be much more organized and less stressful. If we can be of any assistance, please free to contact us.
1. When packing, instead of wrapping things in paper (which you may have needed to buy) ask around for old newspapers to wrap precious items or even better use your linen to wrap up your breakables. That way you’ve packed your valuables safely and your linen also.
2. To save time label every box/bag with what it contains and what room it should be placed in because it is less work for you later.
3. Pack linens, Pillows,clothes, and any other soft items in boxes NOT IN BAGS….. Bags tend to rip, and can not be stacked in a truck safely.
4. Measure your new home and know the dimensions of all doors & hallways….AND the dimensions of your furniture. There is nothing worse than getting your favorite couch to your new house and it won’t fit in the door.
5. The first thing to do in your new home is to assemble your beds and place on clean linens. You’ll be tired by bedtime and everything ready for you to go to sleep.
6. Be critical when packing. This is a great time to clean out your house. Everything you do not want anymore can be used for a garage sale or taken to charity.
7. Last boxes to be loaded are things you’ll need immediately – toilet paper, soap, paper plates, cups, drinks, garbage bags, vacuum, etc.
8. At Moving APT, we are committed to the personal touch in dealing with our clients. We are excited to serve you professionally as your make your move. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-360-0037 for any questions or concerns you may have.