To bring you a list of the best of the best, Moving APT pulled from authentic customer feedback and our own 22+ years of experience in the moving industry.
We asked around to get you an overview of the best movers in Huntington Beach, along with some insider info you can’t find anywhere else.
In this article, we’ll talk about our top 5 picks for moving companies in Huntington Beach. We’ll also provide a few tips and tricks to make moving day easier. Whether you’re moving out of state or just down the block, we’ve got you covered. Read on to get started!
In this article
How Much Does it Cost to Hire Moving Companies in Huntington Beach?
When it comes to hiring movers in Huntington Beach, you can expect to pay anywhere between $350 to $4,700 for a local move, and $1,300 to $14,000 for a long-distance move, sometimes a little more. Ultimately, the total cost of your move will depend on factors such as the amount of belongings you’re moving and the distance they need to travel.
The Cost of Moving in Huntington Beach
|Distance||1 Bedroom||2 – 3 Bedroom||4 – 5 Bedroom|
|Local (Less than 100 Miles)||$350 – $700||$850 – $1800||$1300 – $4700|
|100 miles||$1250 – $1600||$1250 – $1700||$1500 – $3400|
|250 miles||$1300 – $2000||$1500 – $3500||$2,000 – $4800|
|750 miles||$1500 – $2900||$2100 – $6900||$5500 – $7900|
|1500 miles||$1700 – $3200||$2600 – $7400||$6700 – $9500|
|2500 miles+||$1900 – $3700||$3900 – $8200||$14000+|
When you schedule a move, keep an eye out for any additional fees, and be sure to ask whether your mover provides flat-rate pricing. We put together a few helpful articles to help you map out how much you’ll spend on a moving day.
What to Look for in a Huntington Beach Moving Company
When searching for a moving company, it’s important to check for the following:
- Licensing and insurance: Moving companies need to satisfy Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements, and if they’re long-distance movers, they need to be licensed with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Experience: You wouldn’t hire movers who don’t know what they’re doing. Look for a moving company with years of experience in the industry. It means they’ll know how to handle a move, and it means you may be able to find more reviews and feedback, too.
- Services: Take some time to review the range of services offered by the moving company. Packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking are great – specialty moving for antiques and white glove service is even better.
- Reviews: Google, Yelp, and the research team at Moving APT are your friends. Check online reviews and ratings from previous customers, but don’t forget to ask your family and friends about their moving experiences, too.
- Flat rate Pricing: If a moving company provides flat rate pricing, it means the number they quote is the amount you’ll pay. These quotes are also known as binding estimates. They’re super useful when you’re trying to budget out your move ahead of time.
Compare Moving Companies in Huntington Beach
With over 500 agents nationwide, Native Van Lines offers local and long distance moving services across the United States. They’re a family-owned moving company that specializes in full-service moves, which means they provide packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking services for their customers.
If you’re looking for attention to detail, look no further than Native. They have a great reputation for being reliable and efficient, and they prioritize communication throughout the moving process to ensure that their clients are always up-to-date on the status of their move.
Why We Recommend Native Van Lines
We’re big fans of any mover that prioritizes communication, and Native Van Lines keeps their clients in the loop. They also offers competitive pricing and a wide range of services to sweeten the deal.
Roadway Moving is a full-service moving company based in New York City. That doesn’t stop them from being one of the best movers in Huntington Beach, though. Since they started in 2008, Roadway has expanded across the country, providing local and long distance moves for thousands of satisfied customers.
Roadway Moving offers a wide range of moving services, including Roadway Black, a VIP service that handles every aspect of your move from packing, shipping, unpacking, and reassembly. As a relatively young company, Roadway Moving is motivated and hungry: They’ll make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Why We Recommend Roadway Moving
Roadway Moving isn’t quite as new as they were back in 2008, but they still have that new company mindset: They go above and beyond what’s expected to make sure their customers are satisfied with their service, and we appreciate them for it.
Rockstar Pro Movers is in our top 5 for a reason. They offer full-service moves, including packing, loading, transportation, unloading, and unpacking – but they also offer specialty moving services for pianos, antiques, and fine art.
If you’re moving in Huntington Beach, Rockstar Pro Movers has you covered. Their moving teams are equipped to handle all kinds of moves, and they’re committed to keeping your stuff safe whether you’re moving down the block or across the country. As an added bonus, you’ll find lots of important moving info on their website.
Why We Recommend Rockstar Pro Movers
We always recommend people check out Rockstar Pro Movers’ website. It’s got tons of useful information, and it’s set up so you can easily find what you’re looking for. Plus, they offer senior and military discounts. What’s not to love?
You don’t last 20 years in the moving industry without keeping track of what your customers want. Over the last couple decades, Adams Van Lines has developed a reputation for excellence.
They know every move is different, so they specialty moves tailored to each customer’s unique needs. Worried about your stuff? Adams has you covered. Their movers provide state-of-the-art moving equipment and vehicles to ensure a smooth and efficient moving experience.
They also have a streamlined customer service system. You’ll have one point of contact for your entire move so you don’t get bounced around between departments if you have any questions.
Why We Recommend Adams Van Lines
We’re huge fans of Adams Van Lines, especially their easy customer service. Moving can be chaotic, but knowing who to call is valuable peace of mind. Adams Van Lines has a solid reputation for a reason, and they definitely deserve their spot in our top 5.
Pricing Van Lines has a whole network of movers across the country, which means they can help with both local and long distance moves. Their experienced movers can help you plan out your move from the ground up, and they can help you figure out if you need any extra or specialty services.
When it comes to additional moving services, Pricing Van Lines is an excellent choice. The movers in their network are handpicked for their experience, licensing, and reviews, so you know the team that shows up to your house really knows what they’re doing.
Why We Recommend Pricing Van Lines
Pricing Van Lines is a great choice for moves on a budget. They provide big brand service without the big brand prices, and it’s good to know that they take the time to vet the moving teams that will handle all your stuff. If you’re planning a local or interstate move, Pricing Van Lines is an excellent choice.
Best Moving Companies Near Huntington Beach
Factors That Affect Your Huntington Beach Moving Costs
It’s important to keep in mind that every move is different, and there may be other factors that impact the cost of your move.
- Distance: Distance is one of the biggest factors behind your moving cost. If you’re moving out of state, your movers will calculate by miles traveled and pounds hauled. And if you’re moving locally, your movers will charge per hour. Hope there’s no traffic.
- Size of the move: The size of your move is another significant factor when it comes to determining the cost of your move. Larger moves require more time and resources and are generally more expensive.
- Time of year: If you’re trying to save money, avoid peak moving season. June, July, and August are the most expensive months for moving. Additionally, weekends and holidays are typically more expensive than weekdays. Shoot for a mid-week, mid-month move.
- Additional services: Additional services such as packing, unpacking, and storage all add up. These extra services are great for cutting down on stress, and it’s usually worth the price so you don’t have to deal with packing up and storage all by yourself.
- Accessibility: Stairs? Elevators? Long driveways? Be prepared to pay a little extra. These all fall under an umbrella called “access fees”. As a general rule of thumb, if there are any obstacles or challenges for your moving team, expect to pay a little more.
- Insurance: Moving companies offer different levels of insurance coverage, which can also impact the cost of a move. Movers are legally required to provide a baseline of $0.60 per pound, but if you want full coverage, you’ll have to pay up.
- Equipment: Some moves require special equipment. Additional trucks, dollies, and packing materials all add up. If your movers need extra equipment, you’ll end up paying an extra fee.
- Shuttles: If you’re moving into a big city, you may not be allowed to park a semi-truck full of stuff on the street. Instead, you’ll need to pay an extra fee for a smaller moving truck (known as a shuttle) to ferry your stuff back and forth from a big rig parked elsewhere.
If you’re trying to map out your budget, knowing the cost of your move is the first step. Make sure you communicate with your movers about any additional fees you should expect by moving day.
Best Moving Tips Before Moving From Huntington Beach
Moving can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, but with a little bit of planning and preparation, you can make the process much smoother.
Here are some tips to keep in mind before moving from Huntington Beach:
- Plan Ahead: Start planning and organizing your move well in advance. Make a list of everything that needs to be done and set a timeline for each task.
- Declutter: Moving is the perfect opportunity to get rid of things you no longer need. Donate or sell items that are still in good condition, and dispose of anything that can’t be used.
- Pack Efficiently: Use high-quality packing materials and pack your items in a logical and organized manner. Label each box with its contents and the room it belongs in to make unpacking easier.
- Protect Your Valuables: Take extra care when packing fragile and valuable items. Use bubble wrap, packing paper, and blankets to protect them during transportation.
- Stay Safe: Moving heavy items can be dangerous, so always use proper lifting techniques and equipment. Take breaks as needed and stay hydrated throughout the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance should I hire movers in Huntington Beach?
It’s best to hire movers as soon as you know your moving date. Ideally, you should book a moving company at least 3-6 months before your move to ensure availability and to have time to research and compare different options. You can book a little closer to moving day, but it may cost extra.
What is the cheapest way to move stuff?
The cheapest way to move stuff is always to DIY it. Renting a truck or trailer and doing the packing and loading yourself can save you money on labor costs. However, it can be time-consuming, physically demanding, and requires a lot of planning and organization. When you factor in the cost of gas, the price of hotels, and the amount of work you miss, you may still be saving – but not by much.
How much should I tip my movers?
It’s customary to tip your movers 10-20% of the total cost of the move, depending on the level of service and quality of work. Most movers will gladly accept your tips (and it’s pretty much expected in the industry). However, some movers may explicitly decline any form of tip or gratuity.
Should I pay movers before or after my move?
Some movers may require a deposit up front, but you should never have to pay the full price of your movers before moving day. It’s standard practice to pay upon delivery, once all your items have been unloaded and inspected. If a moving company asks for payment upfront, it’s a red flag, and you should look for another option.
What items can’t be moved long distances?
Some items aren’t suitable for long-distance transportation, and it may be dangerous or illegal for your movers to handle them. This list includes hazardous materials such as chemicals, explosives, and flammable substances, as well as perishable items like food and plants. It’s important to check with your moving company to ensure they can transport all your belongings safely and legally.
Here’s How We Rank Our Huntington Beach Movers
Moving APT has 22 years of experience in the local and long-distance moving field, serving more than 22,000 clients to date. Unlike other recommendation sites, we do real, face-to-face business with the movers in our network.
This makes our data more in-depth and reliable than anything else you’ll find online.
Our rating methodology is based on the following:
- Online Reputation: We sort through reviews and company profiles to make sure your movers are highly-rated and backed by plenty of experience.
- Industry-Insider Information: We work with movers to get a full picture of the services provided by other companies across the field.
- Mystery Shopping: We make sure movers are giving you the same rate they give us. Sometimes we call and pose as complete strangers to make sure they’re honest.
licensing and Accreditation
- Arbitration Program: Movers are legally required to have an arbitration program in place to compensate for lost or damaged items. We make sure it’s up to date.
- Active Claim Department: We check to see if movers have any outstanding claims to see how they handle customers who’ve reported damages – and how quickly they help.
- Safety Record: The FMCSA’s Safety Measurement System provides us with up-to-date information about a mover’s safety track record, including accidents and inspections.
- Active Moving Insurance: Long-distance movers in NYC are legally required to provide full or released-value protection on all of your items. We make sure of it.
- Video and phone reviews: We ask our own clients for short video testimonies detailing their experiences with their movers. It shows which movers are exceeding expectations.
- Online surveys: We take the time to read about each completed move to get the full picture of how a mover performed.
As a moving broker, Moving APT actually deals with drivers and movers on a daily basis. We negotiate deals for our clients and ensure that movers always honor their contracts – no last-minute upselling, no overcharging, and no funny business.
It’s how we help our clients get moved with minimal fuss, and it’s part of maintaining clear communication between clients and moving companies.
More customers for better movers If a mover is exceeding expectations, we send them more business. If a mover needs to improve, we don’t. It’s simple.
Get Ready For Your Huntington Beach Move
Moving can be a challenging process, but with the right planning, preparation, and professional help, you can make it a smooth and successful experience.
Moving APT’s top five moving companies in Huntington Beach offer reliable and efficient services to make your move stress-free. Don’t forget to follow our moving tips and guidelines to cut down on the stress of the moving day.
Ready to get started? Take a look at Moving APT’s moving checklist and get in touch with one of the movers in our network.