Don’t let the stress of moving take away from what should be an exciting new beginning. Of course you want to be absolutely sure that all of your most prized possessions will make it safely from your old home to your new home. And it’s easy to get bogged down thinking about all of the pitfalls and bad things that can happen.
Don’t worry – we are here to take some of that pressure off! We have helped thousands of people move to and from the Long Beach area, and we have first-hand experience with many of the local movers in Long Beach. We’ve combined that experience with extensive research and narrowed down the list to the top 5 best moving companies in Long Beach, CA.
In this article
How Much Does it Cost to Hire Movers in Long Beach?
The cost of hiring movers in Long Beach can vary depending on the size of your move, the distance you are moving, and the level of service you require.
On average, you can expect to pay between $400 and $4500 for a local move, and between $1000 and $12000 for a long-distance move.
The chart below will give you a better idea of what you might expect to pay given your specific situation:
|Distance||1 Bedroom||2 – 3 Bedroom||4 – 5 Bedroom|
|Local (Less than 100 Miles)||$400 – $800||$750 – $1900||$1200 – $4500|
|100 miles||$1000 – $1500||$1250 – $1700||$1500 – $3400|
|250 miles||$1200 – $2000||$1500 – $3500||$2,000 – $4800|
|750 miles||$1400 – $2900||$2100 – $6900||$5500 – $7900|
|1500 miles||$1600 – $3200||$2600 – $7400||$6700 – $9500|
|2500 miles+||$1900 – $3700||$3900 – $8200||$12000+|
Learn more about moving prices with these informative and insightful articles:
What to Look for in a Moving Company in Long Beach
We’re giving away some of our secrets…here are three of the most important things we look at when considering which moving companies are the best:
- Customer Service – professional, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service from the first point of contact with a moving company is a good indication of how they will treat you throughout the process. If your initial contact with the company involves poor treatment and unsatisfactory service, that company is probably not the one for you.
- Experience – while there is nothing wrong with working with a brand new company and some are probably excellent, there is something to be said for knowing that your movers have been through this exact same process time and time again. The more experienced movers will know all the tricks – where is best to park, how to wrap furniture in the best way, etc.
- Pricing Policies – exceptional service can be pricey and that is ok, as long as it isn’t extortionate and is in line with competitors in the market. Be wary of prices that seem very low as they may come with a similar level of service. It’s always important to clarify exactly what is included in the price and whether there are additional charges for elevators, flights of stairs or other circumstances.
Compare Moving Companies in Long Beach
Whether it is residential, corporate, local or long-distance, Native Van Lines can handle any type or size move. As one of the leading moving companies in the country, Native Van Lines has over 250,000 satisfied customers.
The company serves as a licensed broker, matching customers with the perfect mover for their needs in Long Beach (or many other locations). With a focus on customer service, Native Van Lines aims to make every move smooth and stress-free.
Why we recommend Native Van Lines
As a fully licensed and extremely knowledgeable brokerage, Native Van Lines can connect you with the right movers for your specific needs. They take into account any specialized services you might need including car shipping, packing and unpacking, fragile or oversized items, and more.
We love Native Van Lines’s 24/7 customer service which offers full support throughout the entire moving process no matter the day or time.
Rockstar Pro Movers is a proud family-owned and operated business based in California but licensed to work in all 50 states.
The company’s name was chosen based on their desire to treat customers like rock stars – a mission they aim to achieve through superior customer service.
Their fleet of trucks of different sizes are well-stocked with tools needed to take apart and put together furniture, pack and wrap valuables, and any other tasks you might throw their way.
Why we recommend Rockstar Pro Movers
Rockstar Pro Movers really do live up to their promise to treat each customer like a rock star. The professional crews have been carefully trained to take care of customers’ possessions as they would their own belongings.
No question or request is too big and they will go out of their way to accommodate customer needs and make the moving experience a pleasure instead of a stress.
The company gets extra props for their inclusive website that allows easy navigational assistance for people with disabilities.
With roots in New York City, Roadway Moving opened their California branch in 2007.
Now recognized as the #1 moving company in California with special expertise in the Los Angeles area (which includes Long Beach), Roadway Moving knows how to handle the busy streets and small, oddly-shaped spaces that characterize the area.
The company’s trained packers and movers offer the full range of services from local to long-distance moves.
Why we recommend Roadway Moving
From the first conversation you have with Roadway Moving, you will immediately feel comfortable and assured that your move is in good hands.
They are true experts in the entire Los Angeles metro area and know every inch of the neighborhoods and can navigate their trucks easily through the worst traffic and the narrowest side streets.
We are especially impressed by the latest technology that Roadway Moving uses to scan all of your belongings and create an automatic inventory list. GPS is used to make sure you know where your shipment is throughout the entire trip.
Adams Van Lines owns and operates several companies in a number of states, including California.
They have significant expertise in long-distance, especially cross-country moves and are committed to helping their customers handle the entire process from start to finish at an affordable and budget-friendly price.
In addition to regular moving services, Adams Van Lines also offers packing and unpacking as well as storage solutions when needed.
Why we recommend Adams Van Lines
One of the best things about Adams Van Lines is that they assign each customer their very own Personal Move Liaison who serves as the main point of contact throughout the moving process.
We also love their professional approach to cross-country moves, including handling all of the required documentation and legal compliance involved.
With small beginnings over 20 years ago, Pricing Van Lines has grown into one of the country’s leading moving companies.
Their customer service and exceptional professionalism is unmatched, especially when it comes to interstate moves.
Their team is there for you from the initial stages of planning out the details of your move all the way through the safe delivery of your furniture and possessions to your new home.
Why we recommend Pricing Van Lines
It’s super easy to get an online quote from Pricing Van Lines, which is just the first step in their customer-focused process.
They are also very transparent with their pricing and you will never be caught unaware with hidden fees.
Hundreds of positive customer reviews confirm our findings that Pricing Van Lines cares about their customers and delivers on their promise to provide an easy and stress-free move.
What Factors Contribute to Moving Costs in Long Beach?
Pricing a move is complicated, and there are a number of factors that movers consider, including:
- Size – if you’re moving a few boxes the price will be much lower than if you are moving all of the contents in a 4-story home.
- Distance – many movers factor in the mileage traveled as part of the price determination.
- Additional services – there are usually extra costs associated with services like packing or unpacking, items that need special care like pianos or antiques, as well as storage solutions.
- Time of year – moving during a traditionally high-demand time (such as the summer or on a weekend) can cost you more than if you schedule your move during an off-peak time.
- Environmental conditions – most movers will charge additional fees if they need to carry items a long distance from the home to the truck, if there are many flights of stairs, or other circumstances that complicate the move.
- Insurance – while movers are usually obligated to offer coverage in case any of your belongings get damaged during the move, most will charge a premium for this service.
Tips for a Stress-Less Move
We know we can’t completely remove all the stress from you move as much as we would like to, but here are our top tips for feeling as stress-free as you can:
- It’s never too early to start planning and preparing. Make yourself a calendar and a to-do list working backwards from the date of the move.
- Declutter and purge your home of everything you don’t love or need – it will make packing much easier.
- Consider hiring the movers to also do the packing and save yourself the time and energy.
Best Moving Companies Near Long Beach
Here’s How We Rank Our Long Beach Movers
Moving APT has 22 years of experience in the local and long-distance moving field, serving more than 22,000 clients to date. Unlike other recommendation sites, we do real, face-to-face business with the movers in our network.
This makes our data more in-depth and reliable than anything else you’ll find online.
Our rating methodology is based on the following:
- Online Reputation: We sort through reviews and company profiles to make sure your movers are highly-rated and backed by plenty of experience.
- Industry-Insider Information: We work with movers to get a full picture of the services provided by other companies across the field.
- Mystery Shopping: We make sure movers are giving you the same rate they give us. Sometimes we call and pose as complete strangers to make sure they’re honest.
licensing and Accreditation
- Arbitration Program: Movers are legally required to have an arbitration program in place to compensate for lost or damaged items. We make sure it’s up to date.
- Active Claim Department: We check to see if movers have any outstanding claims to see how they handle customers who’ve reported damages – and how quickly they help.
- Safety Record: The FMCSA’s Safety Measurement System provides us with up-to-date information about a mover’s safety track record, including accidents and inspections.
- Active Moving Insurance: Long-distance movers in NYC are legally required to provide full or released-value protection on all of your items. We make sure of it.
- Video and phone reviews: We ask our own clients for short video testimonies detailing their experiences with their movers. It shows which movers are exceeding expectations.
- Online surveys: We take the time to read about each completed move to get the full picture of how a mover performed.
As a moving broker, Moving APT actually deals with drivers and movers on a daily basis. We negotiate deals for our clients and ensure that movers always honor their contracts – no last-minute upselling, no overcharging, and no funny business.
It’s how we help our clients get moved with minimal fuss, and it’s part of maintaining clear communication between clients and moving companies.
More customers for better movers If a mover is exceeding expectations, we send them more business. If a mover needs to improve, we don’t. It’s simple.
How much does it cost to hire moving companies in Long Beach?
Moving companies in Long Beach charge anywhere between $1000 and $12000 depending on how far you are moving and how large your shipment is, among other factors.
How much to tip movers?
The going rate tends to start at $4 or $5 per hour per mover. Some people prefer to tip a percentage of the total cost which may make sense for a longer or more expensive move. In that case 10-20% is reasonable, depending on how satisfied you were with the service provided.
What items can’t be moved long distances?
Many moving companies will not take hazardous items like cans of paints, gas canisters or anything that may pose a fire hazard or could leak. It’s important to check with your moving company and find out what their specific policies are.
Do all movers offer storage?
Not all movers offer storage solutions, although many do. This is a very important question to ask your movers if you know that you are going to require storage services. There are movers that offer a certain amount of storage for free, so it’s definitely worth asking.
How far in advance should I hire movers in Long Beach?
It’s best to book your movers as early as possible – that’s your best bet for having time to shop around and make sure you can get the best deal for the services you want.
That being said, most movers ask for at least a 2-week lead time. If your whole move is very last minute, don’t worry, as there are some movers who can even offer same day services if needed.
Now that we’ve given you insider information and you know exactly which moving companies you should be looking at as you plan your move to Long Beach, it’s time to get started.
Pick up the phone (or click on the sites) and start getting quotes so that you can have an easy and smooth move.