As you start to imagine your new life in beautiful Santa Clarita, California, also imagine the smoothest, most stress-free move that you’ve ever experienced. Sounds good? That’s exactly what you will get by using one of the movers in the list we’ve curated of the best moving companies in Santa Clarita.
With years of experience working with many different moving companies, we know exactly what it takes for a company to provide the stellar service that you deserve.
We’ve put hundreds of moving companies to the test against our high standards and have narrowed it down to 5 winners.
Read on to reap the benefits of the research we’ve done for you and discover the best moving companies in Santa Clarita for you to consider for your move.
In this article
How Much Does it Cost to Hire Movers in Santa Clarita?
The cost to hire movers in Santa Clarita, CA is between $350 to $4700 for local move, and $1200 to $13000 for long distance. Your specific price will vary based on how much stuff you have, how far you are moving and a number of other factors.
The chart below provides average pricing that will give you a sense of how much you may need to budget:
|Distance||1 Bedroom||2 – 3 Bedroom||4 – 5 Bedroom|
|Local (Less than 100 Miles)||$350 – $700||$850 – $1800||$1300 – $4700|
|100 miles||$1200 – $1600||$1250 – $1700||$1500 – $3400|
|250 miles||$1300 – $2000||$1500 – $3500||$2,000 – $4800|
|750 miles||$1500 – $2900||$2100 – $6900||$5500 – $7900|
|1500 miles||$1700 – $3200||$2600 – $7400||$6700 – $9500|
|2500 miles+||$1900 – $3700||$3900 – $8200||$13000+|
Explore the various costs associated with moving and learn how to budget for them with our informative resources:
What to Look for in a Moving Company in Santa Clarita
You can never ask too many questions, but among the most important things to look for when choosing a moving company, especially if you’re searching for ‘movers near me,’ are:
- Reputation – positive reviews from past customers are very important, and a company that has plenty of positive reviews is likely to do a good job for you too. Pay attention to negative reviews too to help you identify any red flags.
- Licensing and Insurance – the last thing you want is to find out that you have no recourse if any of your belongings get damaged in the move. Make sure the movers you choose are licensed and insured so that you are fully protected.
- Estimates – it helps to get written estimates from multiple companies so that you can compare services and prices. Make sure you know exactly what is included in the estimate and what will end up costing you extra.
- Experience – choose a company that you know has a track record and plenty of experience with the type of move you are planning whether that is local, long-distance, residential, commercial, etc.
- Communication – you’ll want to work with movers who are responsive and easy to communicate with from start to finish throughout the entire process.
Compare Moving Companies in Santa Clarita
Top 5 Best Moving Companies in Santa Clarita
Based on our rigorous research and analysis process along with first-hand experience, the following are the 5 best moving companies in Santa Clarita who are bound to provide you with the professional, reliable moving services:
Pricing Van Lines’ well-trained and professional team of customer service agents and movers are all at your service to help make any move – whether local or long-distance – effortless and stress-free.
The company works with a huge network of moving companies and makes sure you have the right combination of services that suits the circumstances and needs of your specific move. From packing to storage, Pricing Van Lines can handle it all.
Why we recommend Pricing Van Lines
We are highly impressed by the customer service offered by Pricing Van Lines. From the first point of contact, they are extremely professional, well-informed and helpful.
They will take the time to get to know you and understand exactly what services you need and then will set to work matching you with the absolute best providers.
We also love that their website contains a treasure trove of resources and information that will help you plan your move.
Whether you are moving around the corner or across the country, Rockstar Pro Movers will handle your move like the pros that they are, treating you like the rockstar you are all along the way!
California locals, they have the neighborhoods and cities down pat and will know the best routes and places to park to make your move super efficient.
Why we recommend Rockstar Pro Movers
Working with Rockstar Pro Movers is a total pleasure. They make everything simple and easy – from helping to pack to taking apart and putting back together even the most complicated pieces of furniture.
They take extra special care of big and unwieldy items like pianos or grandfather clocks, and understand how important family heirlooms can be and make sure they are well-wrapped and safe.
The founders and staff of Roadway Moving are committed to make each and every move a positive experience.
The company began in New York City and brought their professional attitude, knowledge and great customer service all the way to the West Coast more than 10 years ago.
During this time, they have learned the ins and outs of moving all over Santa Clarita and other California hotspots.
Why we recommend Roadway Moving
Roadway Moving stands out with their ongoing innovative ways to keep making the moving process better and easier for their customers.
They offer a digital platform, completely removing the need for any paperwork and forms that can easily get misplaced. You can manage and track every step of the process from start to finish directly through the platform.
There’s even an app that lets you see exactly where your shipment is.
Adams Van Lines are experts in long-distance moves in particular (although they are happy to do local moves too).
They make every effort to offer the best possible price for a customized package of services that can include packing and unpacking, dis-assembling and reassembling furniture, arranging for storage and more.
If you find a better price elsewhere for the same service, they will match the price.
Why we recommend Adams Van Lines
The sheer amount of experience that Adams Van Lines has – over 100,000 long-distance moves – gives us the confidence that they know what they are doing.
Customer reviews confirm their excellent customer service and many customers make sure to note how willing the movers are to accommodate special requests even if they weren’t part of the original plan.
From humble beginnings, Two Men and a Truck grew into a nationally-recognized moving company. They have an extensive network all across the United States, and Sacramento is no exception.
While they have a very “mom and pop” name, they’re a sophisticated and tech-savvy company, even providing GPS tracking for your belongings. Like the others in our list, Two Men and a Truck offers a wide variety of different moving services.
One of their most useful services is their junk removal. If you haven’t been able to pawn off that old couch, they can get rid of it for you. It’s less to move, and more money saved.
Why we recommend Native Van Lines
There’s nothing quite like personalized service to make you feel well-taken care of. That’s exactly what Native Van Lines offers – you tell them your plans and they will get to work collecting quotes and putting together the perfect customized offer for you.
You get the benefit of their years of experience and you can rest assured that they will make sure even the smallest detail is covered.
Best Moving Companies Near Santa Clarita
What Factors Contribute to Moving Costs in Santa Clarita?
The final price of your move will depend on a number of factors. The most obvious are how far you are moving and how much stuff you have to transport.
The bulk of the price will come down to this information, but there are also a number of add-ons that can add to the price that might be relevant:
- Insurance – prepare to spend $10 for every $1,000 of value with a $250-$500 deductible in order to protect your belongings in case of loss or damage during the move.
- Stairs – a $50-$100 fee will be added if you are moving into or out of an apartment building or home in which the movers will need to carry things up and down multiple flights of stairs.
- Elevator – similarly, a $50-$100 fee is standard when boxes and furniture will need to be carried to and transported up or down an elevator.
- Shuttle fee – it will cost you $.10-$.15 per pound with a minimum payment of $300 in the case that the moving truck is too large to drive all the way to your new home. When this happens, a shuttle is used for the final distance and the extra fees cover the effort involved in transporting everything from the truck to the shuttle and then into your home.
- Long carry – a $75 per every 50 feet fee is standard practice if the movers need to carry things a particularly long distance from the truck or shuttle to the front door.
- Storage – add $.07 per pound and a minimum of $200 in storage costs if your new home won’t be ready when you move and you’ll need a temporary place to keep your belongings.
How to Keep Costs Down on Your Move to Santa Clarita
Moving can definitely be an expensive venture, but there are a few tricks that can help you reduce some costs, including:
- Do as much as you can by yourself. While you can pay extra for packing services, doing it yourself will save you a nice chunk of change.
- The more you throw out or give away, the less stuff you’ll have to move which also impacts price. A massive declutter of your whole house is a great thing to do to save money on your move.
- Get multiple quotes so that you can compare and ask for price-matching if there’s one mover you particularly like but whose offer comes in higher.
- Use a mover from the list we’ve provided so that you know you are getting the best service for your money.
Here’s How We Rank Our Santa Clarita Movers
Moving APT has 22 years of experience in the long-distance moving field, serving more than 250,000 clients to date. Unlike other recommendation sites, we do real, face-to-face business with the movers in our network.
This makes our data more in-depth and reliable than anything else you’ll find online.
Our rating methodology is based on the following:
- Online Reputation: We sort through reviews and company profiles to make sure your movers are highly-rated and backed by plenty of experience.
- Industry-Insider Information: We work with movers to get a full picture of the services provided by other companies across the field.
- Mystery Shopping: We make sure movers are giving you the same rate they give us. Sometimes we call and pose as complete strangers to make sure they’re honest.
licensing and Accreditation
- Arbitration Program: Movers are legally required to have an arbitration program in place to compensate for lost or damaged items. We make sure it’s up to date.
- Active Claim Department: We check to see if movers have any outstanding claims to see how they handle customers who’ve reported damages – and how quickly they help.
- Safety Record: The FMCSA’s Safety Measurement System provides us with up-to-date information about a mover’s safety track record, including accidents and inspections.
- Active Moving Insurance: Long-distance movers are legally required to provide full or released-value protection on all of your items. We make sure of it.
- Video and phone reviews: We ask our own clients for short video testimonies detailing their experiences with their movers. It shows which movers are exceeding expectations.
- Online surveys: We take the time to read about each completed move to get the full picture of how a mover performed.
As a moving broker, Moving APT actually deals with drivers and movers on a daily basis. We negotiate deals for our clients and ensure that movers always honor their contracts – no last-minute upselling, no overcharging, and no funny business.
It’s how we help our clients get moved with minimal fuss, and it’s part of maintaining clear communication between clients and moving companies.
More customers for better movers If a mover is exceeding expectations, we send them more business. If a mover needs to improve, we don’t. It’s simple.
Santa Clarita Movers FAQ
How much does it cost to hire moving companies in Santa Clarita?
Moving companies in Santa Clarita cost on average $2400. That number will go up or down based on the total mileage to travel and the total weight of your shipment.
Additional costs might also be added if you purchase extra services like packing or storage.
How much to tip movers?
The happier you are with the service you received, the more you should tip. Most people use $4 or $5 per hour per mover as a starting point and then add on based on their level of satisfaction. You can also show your appreciation by supplying cold drinks and snacks throughout the day.
How far in advance should I hire movers in Santa Clarita?
The sooner the better when it comes to hiring movers. Planning in advance gives you time to get quotes and make sure the movers you want will be available. It also alleviates stress if you know the movers are hired well in advance.
Of course, this isn’t always possible. Most movers will ask for at least 2 weeks notice, but if you have to move last minute there will always be some movers that can accommodate you.
What’s the cheapest way to move long distances?
You’ll spend the least if you do the entire move yourself. You might need to pay (or otherwise bribe) some friends into helping you, but renting a truck and driving to your new home with all of your belongings is definitely significantly cheaper than hiring full service movers.
Do all movers offer storage?
Many, but not all, movers offer a range of storage solutions. If you will need to put your things in storage at any point during your move, definitely first make sure that the movers you are hiring offer this service. Make sure you also get a clear picture of how much it will cost, especially as some movers offer a certain amount of storage time for free.
Onward and Upward
It’s time to get ready as your new home in Santa Clarita awaits. Any of the moving companies we named as the best movers in Santa Clarita will be able to help you plan and execute your move efficiently, reliably, and most importantly, stress-free.